Ways of Giving
As a 501 (c)(3) organization, The Way of Rockport relies primarily on donations from the general public. This includes: individuals, churches, small businesses, corporations and foundations.
This can be done in many different ways. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Gifts of Cash: Contributions can be made at any time to The Way. Supporters may send a check or money order payable to and mailed to:
The Way of Rockport
317 Main Street
P.O. Box 506
Rockport, IN 47635
Gifts in Kind:
- We have received vehicles which were in good condition and we were able to turn around and sell to use the income for operating expenses.
- A truck was given to The Way which helps with getting the men around town to help with community projects, go to church and back and forth to work.
- Linens, Pillows, Towels, Hand Towels, Wash Cloths, Dish Towels, Dish Cloths
- Kitchen Items: Dishes, Pots & Pans, Bakeware, Silverware, Cooking Utensils
- Paper Products (Paper Towels, Plates, Cups - Toilet Paper, Kleenex)
- Cleaning and Laundry Supplies
- Personal Hygiene Supplies
- Lawn Care Items
- Gas Cards – for trips to counseling, job interviews, and the first week of a new job
Wills and Bequests: Designations of bequests should clearly indicate The Way of Rockport Indiana, Inc. Bequests under wills may reduce estate taxes. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney before making any planned giving decisions.
Sponsor Someone Living at The Way Home: Have you ever thought about sponsoring one of our residents at The Way Home for the first week they are in their transition period? Generally they arrive with just a little pocket change and it takes a month or two before they find solid employment. It costs approximately $50.00 a week per person. This is a very generous way to show you care about them.