Ways of Giving
As a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization, The Way of Rockport relies primarily on donations from the general public. This includes: individuals, churches, in memory of someone, small businesses, corporations and foundations.
This can be done in many different ways. All donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Gifts of Cash: Contributions can be made at any time to The Way. Supporters may send a check or money order payable to and mailed to:
The Way of Rockport
P.O. Box 506
Rockport, IN 47635
Gifts in Kind:
MAYBE YOU WOULD LIKE TO DONATE ITEMS - HERE ARE SOME ITEMS WE NEED
- We have received used vehicles which were in good condition that we were able to turn around and sell to use the income for operating expenses.
- Food: Meat (Beef Roasts, Pork Loin, Ham, Turkey, Hamburger meat, Hot Dogs, Sandwich meats, Canned tuna) Peanut Butter, Fresh fruits & veggies, eggs, coffee, coffee creamer, sugar, Tea bags, Pasta & Pasta Sauce, and Breakfast cereal
- Linens: Pillows: Gently used Towels, Hand Towels, Wash Cloths, Dish Towels, and Dish Cloths
- Kitchen Items: Gently used Pots & Pans, Bake-ware, Cooking Utensils, and dish washing soap
- Paper Products: Paper Towels, Plates, Cups, Plastic eating utensils, Toilet Paper, 40 gallon trash liners, and Kleenex
- Cleaning: Lysol disinfectant cleaner, Glass cleaner, Liquid Soap for hands, Hand Sanitizer, Bleach & fabric softener sheets and Air fresheners
- Personal Hygiene Supplies: Shampoo, razors, shaving cream, toothbrushes, toothpaste, combs and lotion
- Local Gas Cards – for trips to church. counseling, job interviews, court & doctor appointments, the first week of a new job and other matters that are related to The Way Home.
The above items can be delivered to: 719 Center Street, Rockport, IN (leave downstairs in kitchen area - please refrigerate required items). Gift cards should be mailed to the office on Main Street.
Wills and Bequests: Designations of bequests should clearly indicate The Way of Rockport Indiana, Inc. Bequests under wills may reduce estate taxes. Please consult your tax advisor or attorney before making any planned giving decisions.
Sponsor Someone Living at The Way Home: Have you ever thought about sponsoring one of our residents at The Way Home for the first week they are in their transition period? Generally they arrive with just a little pocket change and it takes a month or two before they find solid employment. It costs approximately $125.00 a week per person. This is a very generous way to show you care about them.